Hours and Pay:
- 12-20 hours/week (M W F, 4 hours/day) during Trainee Status.
- Starting $12-14/hour depending upon experience and education
- Potential for growth in wage and hours depending upon performance and willingness to expand duties. We are a growing business with a 13 year track record of success and good will in the Christian counseling community of Eastern North Carolina.
- Position Available: mid December 2021.
- Learn, operate, and master Electronic Health Records (EHR) System (Simple Practice)
- File insurance through EHR System
- Log client and payor payments into EHR with accuracy
- Track payments for payroll with accuracy
- Enter new patient data into system with accuracy
- Answer phone, return calls, schedule appointments
- Interact with clients, therapists, and general public
- Compose business letters and interact with insurance and vendor professionals
- Track CEUs and licenses/certifications and deadlines for owner of business/practice
- Track deadlines for Independent Contractor (IC) Information and request information from ICs
- Scan/Fax records, forms, documents securely into electronic records system or other mental health systems
- Clean office twice weekly
- Maintain clean office environment
- Keep Practice Owner apprised of office needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client data and practice colleagues, referral sources, and business in general.
- Currently enrolled in a program related to Health Information Management or similar program.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to compose and format business letters on behalf of Practice Owner.
- One year experience using Simple Practice or similar Electronic Health Records system, or a commensurate amount of education and experience.
- Basic Social Media Skills for making posts
- Ability to locate, find and format posts of Christian Scripture and themes for our Facebook Page.
- In addition to minimum qualifications, we desire a successful second year student currently enrolled in an AAS or BS in Medical Office Administration program.
- One year EHR experience.
- Experience with payroll and ability to use MS Excel
- Microsoft Office Experience – Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
- Maintain Facebook Page for Mental Health Practice
- Ability to work on projects with Owner of Business as we continue to expand the practice.
- Ability to assist in the hiring of cleaning service once adapted to the job.
- Ability to grow into a management position.
- Submit suggestions to Practice Owner for consideration of improving operation of business.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System.
- Knowledge of Chrome Browser.
- Use Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) effectively to complete payroll and formal business letters.
- Use Google Sheets effectively on various projects with Practice Owner.
- Take messages accurately and timely deliver to staff/therapists in a secure and safe manner.
- Ensure all messages are documented properly.
- Follow up on projects and duties, keep a calendar, communicate needs to Independent Contractors and Owner.
- Work with your colleagues amicably.
- Ability to apply the Matthew 18 principle in your dealings with other Christian believers.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Prompt and dependable.
- Able to communicate with clients who have emotional challenges.
- Able to communicate your own needs effectively to Practice Owner and Independent Contractors.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift 20-50 lbs.
Ability to sit for several hours at a time, if needed.
Ability bend and stoop on a daily basis, (cleaning tasks and maintaining clean office).
Send your resume and three references by December 8, 2020 to Barbara Kohler, Private Practice Owner at email@example.com. Interviews will be held on Friday, December 11, 2020 by zoom or in person (applicant’s preference).